Thursday, March 01, 2012

RIP Breitbart

All I have to add to what Steve said is this quote (via Poniewozik) from a story on reactions to the death of Senator Edward Kennedy:
Andrew Breitbart, a Washington Times columnist who oversees Breitbart.com and BigHollywood.com, tapped into the anti-Kennedy vein in the hours after the senator’s death was announced, posting a series of Twitter messages in which he called Kennedy a “villain,” a “duplicitous bastard” and a “prick.”

"I'm more than willing to go off decorum to ensure THIS MAN is not beatified,” Breitbart wrote. “Sorry, he destroyed lives. And he knew it."
We would be doing Breitbart an injustice if we failed to apply the same rigorous standard on the occasion of his passing.

Update: And there was also this:

All class, all the time.

7 comments:

Monty said...

Indeed.

Anonymous said...

Why comment at all on someone who was ultimately a nonentity?

Raenelle said...

He was such a joyless creature that I pitied him while he was alive. He didn't seem like a vile pervert like the Roves and Santorums of the world. More, just a very pissed off person who fueled his anger so he didn't have to listen to the voices of self-hatred in his head. Now that he's dead, well, meh. A little less venom in the ether.

Unknown said...

I think this is honest and fair without being vile, cruel, or unkind. That's a very difficult line to walk. Kudos to you.

Unknown said...

The immediately previous comment written by "Unknown" is me, Kathy Kattenburg.

Ten Bears said...

I could give a flyin' fig about it alive, certainly could give a flyin' fig about it dead.

Anonymous said...

Count me in the "glad he's dead" camp. When I saw the news this morning I literally said "YES!" while fist pumping.