Monday, January 12, 2009

A MISSED OPPORTUNITY

When Joe the Plumber, in Israel, told reporters,

"I'll be honest with you. I don't think journalists should be anywhere allowed war. I mean, you guys report where our troops are at. You report what's happening day to day.... everyone's got an opinion and wants to downer--and down soldiers...."

I wish someone has asked him a simple follow-up question:

Joe, can you give us some specific examples of reporting on this war that crosses the line?

Come on, press corps, give us what we want. Just ask JTP to back up one of his opinions with an actual set of facts -- it's comedy gold! Fox's Shepard Smith learned that back in October:



SMITH: ... Why specifically is a vote for Barack Obama a vote for the death of Israel?

JTP: Well, I mean, specifically? I suppose I could tell you. I mean, just, you know, look at his record ... look at his past associations, the people he talks to. Um, quite honestly --

SMITH: Like who?

JTP: Uh -- hunh. Uh, quite honestly, the gentleman that approached me with that question, you know, I agreed to with what I know. Um, I just want to push it back on your listeners to go out there and find out why I would, you know, agree with something like that.

... SMITH: Joe, do you know -- do you know Barack Obama's positions on Israel?

JTP: Um, listen, I'm, I -- I know you want to really get some answers on this one. I'm just not going to help you out here, Shepard....


More like this, please. Come on, reporters -- he's just asking for it.

No comments: