Monday, August 27, 2007

FRED THOMPSON, YOUR THOUGHTS?

Ted Nugent endorsed Fred Thompson a couple of months ago. Now Ted Nugent has added to his long list of repulsive remarks with a new (but utterly in character) outburst:

"I was in Chicago last week, I said, 'Hey Obama, you might want to suck on one of these, you punk!' Obama, he's a piece of shit and I told him to suck on my machine gun! Let's hear it for them. I was in New York and I said, 'Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.' And since I'm in California, how about Barbara Boxer? She might want to suck on my machine gun! Hey, Dianne Feinstein, ride one of these, you worthless whore!"

He called Hillary Clinton a "toxic cunt" in 1994, so this is nothing new for him.

So, will Fred Thompson ever distance himself from Ted? Will anyone even ask him?

And given Nugent's long history of bigoted and misogynistic statements, not to mention his past boasting about underage sex, why do I see the following items in him biography?

Appointed Ambassador for Big Brothers, Big Sisters and Pass It On! Outdoor Mentors Program

Appointed to the Michigan Year of the Family Council by Governor John Engler....

Honored on the floor of the U.S. Senate in 1994....

Active on National Steering Committee for Bush and Sportsmen for Bush in 2004...

Spokesman for National Field Archers Association, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.), law enforcement program....

Huron District Student Youth Counselor....

Led aggressive campaign on lecture circuit promoting individualism through outdoor sports and conservation to the youth of America

Created highly successful teleconferencing program to school systems nationwide...


Oh, and did I mention the Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids?

By the way, I wonder if kids at the Kamp this year got to hear previews of Ted's new album:



I bet they'd find the songs "Girl Scout Cookies" and "Bridge Over Troubled Daughters" especially edifying.

No comments: