Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FIRST THEY CAME FOR THE CREAM OF MUSHROOM...

I'm really late getting to the story about Campbell's new line of halal soups and the horrified reactions of various wingnuts, but I just wanted to add another detail about halal food that's going to send those wingers to the fainting couch again. It's courtesy of the international banking giant HSBC, and it's seen around Manhattan in the form of an unusual ad that appears as a floor mat at certain food carts:


Three to one! AIEEEEE! THEY'RE TAKING OOOOVERRRRR!!!!1!!!1!!!

(Actually, they're just serving lamb over rice at lunch, and some of it's pretty good. Oh, and baked goods in the morning -- American-style baked goods. They can be kinda tasty, too, even if they don't seem any healthier than the non-halal baked goods.)

Thanks to the person at Twitpic who took the photo -- I see this on my way to work and have been meaning to photograph it, but you beat me to it.

No comments: