Saturday, October 02, 2010

ANDREW BREITBART'S STATEMENT, DECODED

Here is Andrew Breitbart's complete statement on the recent James O'Keefe sex scandal, published under the title "O'Keefe Owes His Supporters an Explanation." I've numbered the component parts of the statement. A translation follows:

[1] I proudly stood behind James O'Keefe on his groundbreaking ACORN investigation. [2] I also defended him when the media, including CNN -- during a previous regime, "the Rick Sanchez era" -- falsely reported the Sen. Mary Landrieu story as a "wiretapping" plot gone wrong.

[3] In all these cases the left-leaning media exposed its obvious bias against James because of his contrarian point of view and because the targets of his investigations are protected institutions of the Democrat Media Complex.

[4] However, in my dealings with Ms. Boudreau, she and her producer, Scott Zamost, conducted themselves professionally, [5] and I believe James owes them a candid and public explanation.

[6] From what I've read about this script, though not executed, it is patently gross and offensive. [7] It's not his detractors to whom he also owes this public airing. It's to his legion of supporters.

Now here's the translation:

{1] Liberals suck.
[2] The liberal media sucks.
[3] The sucky liberal media is owned by the Democrat Party, which sucks.
[4] For the love of God, CNN, don't sue me, or sic the law on me.
[5] James O'Keefe got caught doing something I really, really don't want to be associated with.
[6] I swear to God, CNN, I knew nothing about this. Please, please don't sue me or send the cops to my house.
[7] Liberals suck.

Wow, that's heartfelt.

No comments: