Thursday, April 08, 2010

TEA PARTY MOVEMENT: LESS POPULAR THAN THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE

I read that in a brand-new Fox poll, so it must be true (PDF):



That's IRS 49%, tea party 36%. (Click to enlarge.)

I've always thought the portrayal of the IRS as the SS in a green eyeshade was way over the top -- really, unless you're a moonshiner, or subjected to an audit, I think you probably think of the IRS as an agency devoted to giving you an annual headache while you work through various convoluted worksheets. And I say that only because I'm too cheap to spring for TurboTax, so I do all the multiplying by .0968% myself.

In any case, I keep hearing that the tea party movement resonates with everyone in America who's actually a legitimate American. So where's the poll evidence? Why can't Fox find it?

No comments: