Monday, April 19, 2010

LET US TURN TO THE FIRST BOOK OF SMITH & WESSON, CHAPTER .22, VERSES .30-06

Heard at the Second Amendment March in D.C. today (that was the unarmed one):

Another protester shouted to the crowd: "Our right to have a gun doesn't come from Barack Obama, it comes from God. We have a right to protect our families."

Did I miss that verse in the Bible? Did I miss Jesus handing out AK-47s along with the loaves and fishes?

****

Meanwhile, the armed rally (the one in Virginia) seems to have drawn only about 75 to 100 people, but one of the better-known speakers there proposed armed resistance to the health care law:

Mike Vanderboegh, a former Alabama militia man who urged "all modern sons of liberty" to hurl bricks through the windows of Democrats who voted in favour of health-care legislation, was among those at the Virginia rally.

He said armed confrontation should be reserved only when government is threatening the lives of citizens. But he added that it might also be justified if government officials force Americans to buy health insurance against their will.

"If I know I'm not going to get a fair trial in court ... I at least have the right to an unfair gunfight," said Vanderboegh.


Yeah, I think Jesus said that, too, didn't he?

****

(And please, gun fetishists, spare me the comments -- the post title is not to meant to represent my idea of a real gun.)

****
UPDATE: The God thing is clearly a talking point.

No comments: