Thursday, July 12, 2012

ACTUALLY, MITT ROMNEY DOES GIVE VERY DIFFERENT SPEECHES TO DIFFERENT AUDIENCES

Via Mediaite, I see that Mitt Romney spoke to a crowd of donors at a Montana fund-raiser just after his NAACP speech. According to an excerpt of the remarks posted by Fox's Greta Von Susteren, Romney said this:
I gave them the same speech I am giving you. I don’t give different speeches to different audiences alright. I gave them the same speech.
Which is odd because, well, he didn't. Here's what Romney went on to say to those Montana donors, according to Van Susteren:
When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren't happy, I didn't get the same response. That's ok, I want people to know what I stand for and if I don't stand for what they want, go vote for someone else, that's just fine. But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy -- more free stuff. But don't forget nothing is really free. it has to paid for by people in the private sector creating goods and services, and if people want jobs more than they want free stuff from government, then they are going to have to get government to be smaller. And if they don't want to repeal Obamacare they are going to have to give me some other stuff they are thinking about cutting, but my list takes Obamacare off first and I have a lot of other things I am thinking of cutting.
Did you hear him say that to the NAACP? Did he have the nerve to look the NAACP attendees in the eye and say this?
...if I don't stand for what you want, go vote for someone else, that's just fine. But I hope you understand this, those of you who like Obamacare, if you want more stuff from government you should go vote for the other guy -- more free stuff.
I wish he'd said that directly to them. It wouldn't have been racist -- it would have been an acknowledgment that he believes anyone, of any race, who gets a government benefit (or at least a government benefit that isn't an elite tax break) is a lazy, selfish freeloader and a societal parasite. That's what he and his entire party actually believe. That's the message they should be campaigning on.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Isn't that already what they've been campaigning on ever since Reagan announced his candidacy in Philadelphia, Mississippi?

Or, maybe it was Nixon, with "The Silent Majority."

Coming very soon, open cries of "N*gger! N*gger!! N*GGER!!!"

Not from Mitt- he ain't that stupid.
But from some lower-level R Congressman or R State Legislator.

Someone won't be able to hold back.

Unknown said...

I think you nailed it and I sincerely hope ads for Obama clobber him with that "free stuff" remark over and over again.