Sunday, January 29, 2012

THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL? INDEED.

What does Charlie Pierce call Paul Ryan? "Zombie-eyed granny-starver"? Well, here he is a moment of levity, courtesy of Fox:

Ryan gets a dollar-sign birthday cake

Spending his birthday morning on "Fox News Sunday," Rep. Paul Ryan got a surprise: a large white sheet cake adorned with a massive green dollar sign....

As a crew member brought the cake out, Ryan was a bit incredulous, "You've got to be kidding me, where did you get this?" And Wallace joked that he'd stayed up late to bake it.


The mind reels.

Here's the video:





Yeah, Ryan is at least embarrassed by the gesture -- but not because, in the middle of a deep recession, it's tasteless. The Z.E.G.S. is embarrassed because, as he says, he simply doesn't eat sweets. I can find no evidence that he's diabetic -- what I do find is that he's a showoff about his workout routine, so he's probably too narcissistic to even contemplate adding an extra bit of body fat. Imagine what the wingnuts would say about the "elitism" of a guy refusing to eat cake and obsessing over his P90X routine if he were a Democrat....

5 comments:

c u n d gulag said...

You never know - maybe what he really, really wanted was a piece of Barney Franks penis-shaped birthday cake?

And just how out of touch is this whole FOX crew?
Or, are they just out there to antagonize any Liberals who might have tuned in?

If I'm running against Ryan - there's my poster!
Ryan, on the FOX set, with a cake with a dollar sign, holding a knife.
Fill in whatever motto you want:
He's coming for you parents and grandparents money. And he's to make sure YOU get even less.

Steve M. said...

Did Barney Frank ever have a cake like that? I know Miley Cyrus did.

(And I swear I put Gawker in my Twitter feed just for the political scoops....)

c u n d gulag said...

I don't know if Barney did or not. I was just going for the cheap gag.

Me?
I don't do Titter, or Facebook, or MySpace, myface, yourspace, or any of that other shit.

Ten Bears said...

A fascinating but not entirely surprising result from a study about narcissism suggests that men incur a higher cost health-wise for trying to appear manly, or otherwise in conformity with stereotypical gender roles... freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck

M. Bouffant said...

Anorexia, as practiced by human males.