Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I DON'T NEED THIS GRIEF

I'm taking the rest of the month off, and I may not be back. It's not good for my mental health to keep looking for signs of hope, or even pockets of amusement, in a political system that seems essentially rigged against everything I stand for -- and at the same time I'm not enjoying the sustained hostility I'm feeling from you readers every time I actually describe something as a possible sign of hope, or even shrewdness on the part of people on "our side," or if I take a position that contradicts received wisdom. I don't know what I'll do with all the time I normally spend on this crap, but I do know that the time I've put into it in recent weeks is starting to seem like time wasted.


... Oh, screw it -- I can't seem to stay away from this for very long. A couple of things have piqued my interests, so there'll be a couple of posts soon.

No comments: