Saturday, October 17, 2009

LIMBAUGH: A SLANDER OF ME IS AS BAD AS DEFENDING SLAVERY OR KING'S ASSASSINATION

Really, that's what he says in his self-pitying Wall Street Journal op-ed today:

I never said I supported slavery and I never praised James Earl Ray. How sick would that be? Just as sick as those who would use such outrageous slanders against me or anyone else who never even thought such things.

That's right -- he said "Just as sick." It's just as sick to defend slavery or King's assassin as it is to assume a guy who's actually made quite a few 100%-verified racist remarks might have made others falsely attributed to him. Limbaugh's saying those things are morally equivalent.

Oh, and Limbaugh? If you're trying to make the case that you're not racist, don't use the op-ed in which you're trying to defend your racial attitudes to say this:

When [NFL commissioner Roger] Goodell was asked about me, he suggested that my 2003 comment criticizing the media's coverage of Donovan McNabb -- in which I said the media was cheerleading Mr. McNabb because they wanted a successful black quarterback -- fell short of the NFL's "high standard." High standard? Half a decade later, the media would behave the same way about the presidential candidacy of Mr. Obama.

Translation: McNabb and Obama got where they are because whites graded them on a curve out of racial guilt -- which I'm saying in a purely non-racist way!

No comments: