Thursday, August 21, 2003

Atrios cites this story, in which an official in Britain's Foreign Office recounts a conversation he had in February with Dr. David Kelly, the now-deceased weapons expert:

Mr Broucher added: "As David Kelly was leaving, I said to him 'what do you think will happen if Iraq is invaded?'. "His reply was, which at the time I took to be a throwaway remark, he said 'I will probably be found dead in the woods'."

The Guardian has a story that's longer and more detailed but doesn't dispel the notion that Dr. Kelly really might have been foreseeing exactly what happened to him.

Reading The New York Times last Sunday, I was struck by the fact that The Times's Alan Cowell described Dr. Kelly's death as "apparently" a suicide. I guess that qualification may be entirely justified.



No comments: