Thank God the freedom-hating liberals couldn't keep Mindy McCready from exercising her God-given Second Amendment rights:
On Sunday, McCready, whose turbulent personal life overshadowed her music, was found dead on the front porch of her Arkansas home -- the victim, authorities said, of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.Yes, thank God the freedom-hating evil government didn't take away her access to firearms, using the fascist excuse that maybe she wasn't a suitable candidate for firearm ownership:
She was 37.
McCready leaves behind two boys -- a 6-year-old and a 10-month-old.
Just a month earlier, police had paid another visit to the house in Heber Springs.
On that day, they found the infant's father -- record producer David Wilson -- dead on the porch.
He too had apparently taken his own life. He too had used a gun.
Country singer Mindy McCready's boyfriend David Wilson died from a gunshot wound on Jan. 13, and though his death was thought to be a suicide, McCready is speaking out amid speculation that she killed her boyfriend....More:
The singer made multiple suicide attempts herself over the years, struggled with addiction and in 2007 she was charged with battery and resisting arrest after a fight with her mother. The singer made headlines in 2011 after she went on the run with her son in the middle of a brutal custody battle....
McCready's list of problems is long:Yeah, we wouldn't have wanted to deprive McCready of her sacred right to self-defense just for a few personal weaknesses and difficult life circumstances, now, would we? Sure, things didn't work out all that well, but ... FREEDOM! STAND AND FIGHT! FROM MINDY'S COLD, DEAD HA ... er, sorry, never mind.
* August 2004: Charged with using a fake prescription to obtain the pain medicine OxyContin. She pleaded guilty in November.
* May 2005: Charged with drunken driving in Nashville. The charge is pending.
* May 2005: Former boyfriend William McKnight charged with attempted murder after he allegedly broke into her home and beat her up. Charges against McKnight are pending.
* July 2005: Charged in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, with unlawful use of transportation and hindering prosecution after police say she and a known con-man tried to use her celebrity to obtain two luxury boats. Charges are pending.
* July 2005: Hospitalized in Florida after a drug overdose that authorities say appeared to be a suicide attempt.
* August 2005: Jailed in Tennessee after authorities say she violated her probation on the drug charge. She was released on bond and the case is scheduled for trial in November.
* Earlier this month she testified in court that she was pregnant by McKnight, the man charged with trying to kill her. Later she was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants after a quarrel with McKnight.