Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FOX NATION'S LATEST HEROINE INSULTS HOLOCAUST VICTIMS (AND HATES GAY PEOPLE)

Fox Nation has found a new champion of freedom:





This great freedom fighter is Carole Lokan Moore, an innkeeper, former substitute teacher, and longtime NRA member from Edgewater Park, New Jersey. A video of her testimony at a gun control hearing of the New Jersey State Assembly's Law and Safety Committee is making the wingnut rounds:
Moore started by reminding committee members that murderous dictators like Stalin and Hitler made a point of disarming their people in the early stages of their rule, so they couldn't interfere with their bids for absolute power and international conquest.

"The Hitlers of this world only go after the sheep cowering in the corner," Moore said.

Moore than raised the subject of the Newtown shooting, and how she believes the tragic situation might have turned out differently.

"If I had been in that school in Connecticut, I would have been the first one out of the door, I would have been the first one charging," Moore said. "The principal should have had a firearm. The associate principal should have had a firearm. They should have been prepared.

"I can protect my grandchildren when they're at my home, but when I send them to your school system, who's protecting my kids?

"You've' been educated. I'm a school teacher, I'm also a firearms instructor and lifetime member of the NRA (National Rifle Association) that's been teaching firearm safety for the past 150 years. I'm damned proud to be here, and I'm so glad you listened."
Um, I didn't lose any family members in the Holocaust, but if I did, I think that bit about how "the Hitlers of this world only go after the sheep cowering in the corner" might not sit too well with me. Or maybe that's just me.





I see that Moore, who ran unsuccessfully for a state senate seat a couple of years ago, had this sign outside her B&B and cafe last year:





When a lesbian mother posted the photo of the sign to her Facebook page, with a disapproving message, Moore responded -- memorably -- on her Facebook page:
Isn't it wonderful Joanne Fraschilla, that you and your son can enjoy the animals here because I have a traditional marriage with a husband who works with me 90 hours a week to take care of these animals, and the summer camp....we're 66-68 years old....there were no gays or queers in our time.....if two old ladies chose to live together..so be it, let them deal with God when they get there...but to have the "face sucking" thrown in my face of two gay lesbians who are totally destroying the "normal balance in a child's life" as you claim your son...where is the role model that your son needs to know how to act like a man? or will he only see the "one sided selfishness" of a "single parent"...and end up an out cast in society by being "gay" himself because he didn't have a father as a role model. I'll pray for you....remember what the bible says: "Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas".....guess that's why God invented aids.... THIS LOCAL BUSINESS WILL BE ONE MAN ONE WOMAN ONE GOD MAKES MARRIAGE....AND PROUD TO DO SO....YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY TO OWN YOUR OWN BUSINESS
(Did I mention that she's also a Daughter of the Confederacy?)

She also writes nasty (and subliterate) e-mails to local reporters on
less controversial subjects:
Deapie,r Edgewater Park Reporter, I think you might have come in to our Organic Green Café the other day. You are "frumpy", "over weight", "slide your feet, instead of lifting them", "dress back in the 60's when we use to cover an over weight body with faded denim skirts that only come to above the knee. The reason I think it is you, is because when I tried to be "friendy" and ask if you were local...you said...."I came in to read my book not to be interogated"....

So dear, Edgewater Park Reporter, if you were that "frumpy" old 60's person who came in, I'm sorry I disturbed your reading, but we in Edgewater Park are noted for friendly conversation. Come again, in a 1980's outfit and I won't recognize you.
Ladies and gentlemen, Fox Nation's newest heroine.

6 comments:

Victor said...

Of course she's the new FOX heroine!
She represents almost their whole audience:
Old.
White.
Intolerant.
A gun nut.
A "Job Creatoer" who has her own business.
A Jesus-freak.
A homophobe.
Against single parents.
A busy-body.
A know-it-all.
And, a general all-around asshole.

And I'm sure if you dug deep enough, we'd find out that she's a racist, self-hating female misogynist, and a xenophobe.

In Baseball terms, she's a "Five-tool player."
.

M. Bouffant said...

Textbook example of the bitter clinger.

Unknown said...

Oh, gee - she's white.

(I'm just gonna start pointing that out every time I see one of these people from now on.)

Bulworth said...

Meet Joe the Plumber's running mate for 2016.

Ten Bears said...

Like Obama, Hitler in fact made it easier for people to get guns. White People. Not Jews or Gypsies or Homosexuals. The Not White People. This arguement is as farcical as I and mine would still be in possession of our Homelands had only our ancestors had guns.

New Jersey, whence I've come expect stupid. White Trash with panache.

No fear...

Buford said...

Textbook example of the bitter clinger.

I thought a "bitter clinger" was that chunk of poop on the backside of a fuzzy dog...oh...ok...same thing...