Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Even Terrorists Have a Sense of Humor

This is the funniest thing I will see all year. The.Funniest.

Woman runs in to world's most eeeeeeeevil ghost writer (that's Mr. Evil's Ghost Writer to you) and he proceeds to tease her unmercifully:


Then, unprompted he said--I wrote Dreams From My Father. I said, oh, so you admit it. He said--Michelle asked me to. I looked at him. He seemed eager. He's about my height, short. He went on to say--and if you can prove it, we can split the royalties. So I said, stop pulling my leg. Horrible thought. But he came again--I really wrote it, the wording was similar. I said I believe you probably heavily edited it. He said--I wrote it. I said--why would I believe you, you're a liar.He had no answer to that. Just looked at me. Then he turned and walked off, and said again his bit about my proving it and splitting the proceeds.


Full disclosure, I actually know Bill Ayres socially. Incredible as it seems he's a perfectly ordinary professorial type guy, at this point only mildly left of center. I have to say that if this story is true my hat is off to him. This has to be the best response to this kind of rightist lunacy of all time. I only wish Democrats in the spotlight would take the same tack. When the next fainting senior gramma falls to the floor shrieking about death panels congressmen should call over the loudspeaker for the "death panel ambulance" to come take her away. And I also think that more of us should take time from our busy lives to hawk fake Obama birth certificates on street corners. Its little enough to do for our country but every wingnut who is destabilized further, or who spends their potential RNC donations buying stock in Bill Ayres' version of a Nigerian confidence trick, is one wingnut the less to worry about politically.

No comments: