Thursday, June 05, 2008

I JUST HAD THE MOST BIZARRE DREAM

I dreamed that all of us in the left blogosphere despised one another more than we despise Bush and the GOP. I dreamed that Hillary Clinton was running for president and that people like Ann Coulter, Bill Kristol, Pat Buchanan, and Richard Mellon Scaife priased her, having suddenly decided that feminism and class warfare were good things and she was the embodiment of them, as well as of anti-hippie toughness. I dreamed that even Rush Limbaugh was soliciting votes for her. Then I dreamed that Clinton was losing the Democratic nomination to a black man, and he was being called part of the elite, and then she lost, but she gave a victory speech.

... But now I see that the guy who won is actually the winner, that Clinton is conceding that she lost and will endorse him, and that the Republicans who praised her to the skies in my dream are actually saying that, if she's on the ticket in the #2 slot, it will be perfect for them because they've always hated her and her presence will help them raise lots of money.

Phew -- at least that makes sense. I think I have to watch what I eat before bedtime.

No comments: