Thursday, December 13, 2012

ON MY APPARENTLY INSUFFICIENT OUTRAGE AT WHAT HAPPENED TO STEVEN CROWDER

I gather I'm supposed to be horrified that Max Read of Gawker has written this about Steven Crowder, the Fox News provocateur who got involved in a scuffle in Lansing, Michigan, during anti-right-to-work protests a couple of days ago:
Do We Really Have to Condemn the Union Protestor Who Punched Fox News Comedian Steven Crowder?

... I have a ... solution: Steven, stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face is a hazard of inserting yourself in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened by the insatiable greed of the super-rich and the blind extremism of their wooden-headed political allies. In exchange, liberals will buy you a band-aid for the cut on your forehead and re-iterate that Punching Is Bad. Sound good? Send your answer on Twitter.
From my perspective, it's really simple. Ordinarily I'm upset when I see reporters getting injured covering stories. But ordinarily the reporters themselves are also upset.

In this case, we know Crowder wasn't upset. He went to Lansing looking for bad behavior on the part of pro-union protesters. He would have been upset if he hadn't found any. It would have been a wasted workday for him. His bosses would have been upset. They would have been deeply disappointed in his work.

So my response to this question is: I'm as upset about Steven Crowder getting punched in Lansing as Steven Crowder is.

Which is approximately as upset as Max Read of Gawker is.

4 comments:

Victor said...

When you go in looking for a fight, you can't claim to be upset when you get one.

This is the "newsman" as thug, not the union worker.

He'll probably now get a nice Holiday bonu... I meant, CHRISTMAN bonus, from Rupe and Rog.

FUX Noise:
'We incite, to help you decide.'
Against your own best interests, of course.

Buford said...

Where is the line forming for punching him in the face ? I'd pay for that...and I would buy tickets for everyone else...

Ten Bears said...

He punched the "union guy" first - look at the Fox (full) video* not the doctored. Had it punched me, a Pissed Off Pistol Packing Progressive, I would have stood my ground. Turn it back in their faces, that's how the Wobblies did it.

*I can't believe I said that

Superfluous Man said...

Here's the link Ten Bears referred to: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/11/fox-news-contributor-punched-in-face-at-pro-union-protests-in-michigan/

The fisticuffs begin with the man who later punched Crowder on the ground, apparently having been assaulted first.