Friday, May 16, 2008

I CALL BULLSHIT

The increasingly unhinged Clinton-or-death absolutist Larry Johnson "reports":

I now have it from two three four sources (three who are close to senior Republicans) that there is video dynamite -- Michelle Obama railing against "whitey" at Jeremiah Wright's church. Republicans may have a lousy record when it comes to the economy and the management of the war in Iraq, but they are hell on wheels when it comes to opposition research. Someone took the chance and started reviewing the recordings from services at Jeremiah Wright’s United Church of Christ. Holy smoke!! I am told there is a clip that is being held for the fall to drop at the appropriate time. The last thing Barack and Michelle need is a new clip that raises further questions about her judgment and temperament....

I could wind up with egg on my face, but sorry, Larry -- I don't believe it. You don't telegraph something like this and then hold it for months -- you either get it out there or you hide it and then spring it.

And you know what? This white guy doesn't care. Even with Sly and the Family Stone's equivalence lyrics now going through my head (Don't call me nigger, whitey / Don't call me whitey, nigger), I've never felt deeply abused or diminished by the word "whitey." It isn't an equivalent; it just doesn't represent the power of societal dominance.

And hell, we pale folk nickname some of our own Whitey.



Larry, let it go. To her credit, Clinton herself has been pulling her punches and giving Obama backup in response to Bush and McCain's appeasement-baiting. You're trying to be more Catholic than the Pope.

No comments: