Wednesday, August 16, 2006

NICOLE Kidman has made a public stand against terrorism.

The actress, joined by 84 other high-profile Hollywood stars, directors, studio bosses and media moguls, has taken out a powerfully-worded full page advertisement in today's
Los Angeles Times newspaper.

It specifically targets "terrorist organisations" such as Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Palestine....


--Herald Sun (Australia)

Right-wing blogger Bruce Kesler has a question:

The question is why I have to get this news from an Australian newspaper, when Nicole Kidman and 84 other Hollywood heavyweights take a strong stand against Hezbollah and Hamas? I just checked google news and there isn't another story on this out there.

Er, because no intelligent person really gives a crap what these people think? One way or the other?

Look, I'm a lefty. I'll admit I've been known to enjoy it when a lefty entertainer makes a political statement I agree with to a big audience. I'm happy if someone writes a really good lefty song. And I certainly understand why political candidates take lefty entertainers' money.

But I don't get my opinions from entertainers. I don't take what they say all that seriously.

The only people who do are you guys.

You actually read Barbra Streisand's semi-literate blog. You care when Sean Penn goes on some embarrassing politicized junket. You still pay attention to Jane Fonda.

You're the guys who can't tell the difference between entertainers and politicians. The only actor to be elected president? A Republican. The only actor who's currently a governor? A Republican. NFL football player running for governor? Republican.

I could go on.

You're stagestruck. You're Hollywood-obsessed. You're jealous. Come on -- admit it.

****

UPDATE: Julia (and her readers) list a few GOP entertainers I left out.

And one more: the junior senator from Kentucky, who's apparently lost a few miles off his mental fastball.

No comments: