Friday, July 22, 2016

THE RETURN OF THE REPRESSED

Donald Trump made a long speech last night without getting into any petty beefs, and restraining himself must have been just killing him, because here's what he's up to this morning:
Donald Trump would not accept Ted Cruz's endorsement even if he offered it to him, the Republican nominee said Friday....

"He's fine. I don't want his endorsement. If he gives it, I will not accept it, just so you understand. I will not accept it," Trump said. "It won't matter. Honestly, he should have done it. Because nobody cares. And he would have been in better shape for four years from now. I don't see him winning anyway, frankly. But if he did, it's fine."

"Although maybe I'll set up a super PAC if he decides to run. Are you allowed to set up a super PAC, Mike, if you are the president to fight somebody?" Trump asked his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, at a campaign event in Cleveland.
More:
A day after accepting the Republican Party’s nomination for president, Donald Trump rehashed a conspiracy theory that claims the man who killed President John F. Kennedy once cavorted with Ted Cruz’s father.

“I don't know his father. I met him once. I think he's a lovely guy,” Trump said at a morning-after rally in Cleveland. “All I did is point out the fact that on the cover of the National Enquirer there was a picture of him and crazy Lee Harvey Oswald having breakfast.”
Still more:
"I didn't start anything with the wife," Trump said, referring to a pro-Cruz super PAC that in March circulated a photo ahead of the Utah caucuses of his wife Melania posing nude for GQ in 2000. "Really successful. She didn't need to marry me. She was making a lot of money, believe me. I had to work hard to get her to marry me. It wasn't that easy. It's true. You think I'm kidding. So they released this picture, which was, you know, to the people of the state of Utah. I love Utah. I love the people of Utah. But that's not where you want to necessarily send a risqué picture. Everybody in Utah got a picture. And I don't think they showed that it was GQ I don't even think they showed. They took the GQ off. They cut all the stuff off.

Trump continued, "And I'm saying it just to clear it up. I didn't do anything."
I think the Clinton campaign should run ads that are just clips like that last bit -- raw, unedited, unhinged Trump fixating on personal slights. The only commentary would be: "This man wants to be president of the United States." Really, Clintonites, just do it.

****

UPDATE: No, really:

13 comments:

Victor said...

There's nothing like a sore winner!
Amirite?


Unknown said...

Trump just can't stop himself. He keeps saying really stupid stuff.

Feud Turgidson said...

JT, I think maybe it only comes across as stupid to non-stupid people.

The GOP now is like some outcome from a corporation funded and driven nation-wide lab experiment, on what happens if we remove certain connections which we associate with awareness, perspicacity, judgment, reasoning, logic, etc.

Like, we have this THEORY that if we pull this BLUE wire connected to liberal college education and this GREEN wire connected to scientific research, it'll turn the national beast into the human equivalent of a colony of zombie ants - but how do we KNOW unless and until we cut those wires? So ... hey, it WORKED ..kinda; just not enough.

Well, maybe it wasn't a total success because we didn't cut enough wires. But there are so MANY wires, and limited resources: how do we target the right ones? I mean, we're TOO DUMB NOW OURSELVES to conduct that experiment.

How about random? How about we get some totally self-aborbed selfis prick to go in there with a gold-plated chainsaw and do whatever he feels like? Could that work? LET'S FIND OUT!

CZEdwards said...

Honestly, he should have done it. Because nobody cares. And he would have been in better shape for four years from now.

That's an interesting statement. Either T thinks he's going to lose, or he expects a GOP primary challenge if he wins. Since the latter are so rare in modern history, that puts most of the weight on the former.

That may be the first sign of any introspection or long-range thinking I have seen from Trumpery.

Hamilton said...

That Yglesias clip is unreal.

How does Pence, standing RIGHT THERE, reconcile his self-professed Christianity with the sputtering heathen in front of him? The hypocrisy and blatant immorality of these "Christians" is shocking.

KenRight said...

That Munich attack unresolved as I write hurts Clinton, don't you agree?
Helps Trump, hurts Clinton. Pics? Benghazi pics with Clinton can probably be associated with the Munichs.
But I hope he realizes Israel can't help him fight terror. Putin, Syria and Iran can, but not Israel. Israeli leaders have admitted they prefer ISIS to
Hezbollah, Assad, Iran and Russia so help Trump get the message.

KenRight said...

On the subject, Ted Cruz, review the video which shows him storming out of an Arab American Christian worship service he spoke to when they wouldn't worship Israel with him. The man is not respectable.

BroD said...

Agree--'I don't want Ted's endorsement' is so hilariously juvenile!

Victor said...

Ken,
Let's find out more about this before "we" opine!
Shall we?

Btw:
Give Benghazi a rest, won't you?

Take a look, you conservative nit/half/dim/fuck-wit(less), at how many diplomatic personnel died under Reagan (remember Labanon's marines?).
And take a look under W.
And then compare under Obama/Clinton.
JAYZOOOOOOOOOS!!!

Ten Bears said...

You may find 'I don't want Ted's endorsement' hilariously juvenile but I have been told, right here, that you people neither need nor want my vote.

You should be grateful, KenReich, at how successful your racist obstructionist Congress and the corporate media have distracted attention, covered up, Romney and the Retards failed attempt to stage a Reaganisque "October Surprise", and should really keep your mouth shut about it so the rubes don't catch on.

KenRight said...

I was wholesale against Reagan's deployment of the Marines to provide assistance to Israel in their
savage Lebanese incursion. Same for jailbird Ollie North's cooperation in what was doomed to fail pro-Israeli gambits by the elite.

Victor said...

KenRight,
Who gives a shit what YOU thought then, and what you think now!

No one gives a real shit about what I think.
What makes you such a fucking special snowflake?

D. said...

I am going to vote for the candidate who least resembles Joffrey Baratheon. That is all.