Monday, June 23, 2014

OBAMA COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT TRUTHER SPEAKS AT RALLY FOR THAD COCHRAN CHALLENGER

Just spotted this on Twitter a little while ago:



Tea party favorite Chris McDaniel is trying to knock off incumbent Thad Cochran in the Mississippi GOP Senate primary. At least one poll shows McDaniel winning handily -- and, Mississippi being Mississippi, McDaniel is likely to win the election if he wins the Republican primary. So who's this Wayne Allyn Root guy who's speaking ay a McDaniel rally?

I've written about Root before -- he's a former sports handicapper, broadcaster, and libertarian political candidate who attended Columbia University at the same time as Barack Obama and argues that there's something suspicious about Obama's time at Columbia, something that reveals anti-white bias in society:
Matt Welch: So tell us what we should know about Barack Obama that we don't?

Wayne Allyn Root: I think the most dangerous thing you should know about Barack Obama is that I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever! ...

Welch: Were you the exact same class?

Root: Class of '83 political science, pre-law Columbia University. You don't get more exact than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him. At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, 20th reunion, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! Who was he, and five years ago, nobody even knew who he was....

Welch: That's peculiar! Do you have any theories?

Root: ... I'm pretty sure I know the answer. He had a lower average than me and he got into Harvard and I didn't.

And so my answer is, has America really been unfair to minorities? No it hasn't. It was unfair to me. A white butcher's kid, whose father had no money, but nobody gave me a break. And do I have a chip on my shoulder? You're damn right I do. And I represent millions and millions of poor people in this country who weren't lucky enough to be poor and black, they were unlucky enough to be poor and white, and they can't get into Harvard. So maybe that country Barack's fighting for, he's got the wrong country here....
Root later elaborated on this:
If you could unseal Obama's Columbia University records I believe you'd find that:

A) He rarely ever attended class.
B) His grades were not those typical of what we understand it takes to get into Harvard Law School.
C) He attended Columbia as a foreign exchange student.
D) He paid little for either undergraduate college or Harvard Law School because of foreign aid and scholarships given to a poor foreign students like this kid Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.

If you think I'm "fishing" then prove me wrong. Open up your records Mr. President. What are you afraid of?
Not that it's any surprise that a teabagger candidate would consort with a guy like this. Oh, but Root is a Fox News regular, so I guess that makes him respectable.

8 comments:

Pops said...

One of the things you should about Wayne Alan Root is he was a sports tout on USA Network on Saturday mornings. Everyone I hung with in Reno sports books would wait for his picks then bet the other side . He was pathetic.

Zandar said...

"And I represent millions and millions of poor people in this country who weren't lucky enough to be poor and black..."

Screw this asshole.

mervis said...

Racist has no recollection of black kid in his class 25 years later.

Big surprise.

Glennis said...

If you could unseal Obama's Columbia University records

You would be breaking the law. .

No one can unseal my Ohio State records, either. FERPA

Madison G-man said...

I think lost in this is the fact that if this dude had a 20 year reunion 5 years ago, then he was from the class of '88 or '89. That would explain why none of his classmates knew Obama during their time at Columbia. Or maybe he's just horrible at math, which, based on Pops' comment above, is also quite likely.

Victor said...

The man found his niche - it's under a rock.

Steve M. said...

That was an old interview (2008). I should have made that clear.

Bulworth said...

The Tea Party: courageously spending money to replace one far-right-wing GOPer in the GOP South with a younger even more rabid far-right-winger.

Oh, yeah, and Freedom and Liberty and stuff like that.