Friday, March 18, 2005

From Linda Douglass on ABC News tonight (no transcript available online):

ABC News has obtained talking points circulated among Republican senators explaining why they should vote to intervene in the Schiavo case. Among them: "This is an important moral issue and the pro-life base will be excited..." and "This is a great political issue... this is a tough issue for Democrats."

Really pure of heart, aren't they?

*****

UPDATE: A commenter informs me that ABC has now posted this, which quotes the talking points and DeLay's response to them:

"I don't know where those talking points come from, and I think they're disgusting."

I believe that's what you'd call a "non-denial denial" of their authenticity.

*****

(Welcome visitors from TBogg, Atrios, Oliver Willis, etc. While you're here, let me also direct your attention to the fact that right-wingers are lying to you about Terri Schiavo's "agonizing" death.)

No comments: