Thursday, February 12, 2009

IS BUBBLE BOY SEARCHING FOR HIS LOST BUBBLE?

I see that George W. Bush plans to give his first major post-presidential speech in Canada.

I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but I can't help suspecting that he chose a venue in that country rather than this one because in the U.S. he can no longer rely on a full (and fully politicized) president-size security detail that's committed to banishing all dissenters to a point miles away from his precious self. In Canada, by contrast, he still has a close ally in Prime Minister Stephen Harper (a fellow Guantanamo apologist). So I'm guessing Harper will see to it that Bubble Boy's bubble is properly reconstituted. I'm sure Bush wouldn't venture off his own property if he thought a discouraging word might upset his delicate sensibilities.

No comments: