Monday, April 03, 2023

MISSING ALL THE EXCITEMENT

I have some travel planned this week, which means I'll miss the Trump arraignment and the Day of the Locust that might accompany it. I'm not particularly worried -- apart from newly minted TV star Marjorie Taylor Greene, most of the rubes think the city is a Mad Max hellscape, so they're afraid to come here. (Some of the bicyclists in Central Park do go awfully fast.) I also won't be around to comment on the election that could give the Wisconsin Supreme Court a liberal majority. (I've been optimistic about the chances of circuit court judge Janet Protasiewicz, but now I see that if she wins, the extremely gerrymandered state legislature might impeach her even before she's sworn in, for no apparent reason, along with the Democratic governor, who just won reelection in November. Daddy, what was democracy?) I'll be away until Sunday, but stop by anyway -- there will guest posts. See you soon.

No comments: