Monday, July 18, 2022

BECAUSE THEY'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING

The right-wing site Trending Politics reports:
During a recent broadcast of Sunday Morning Futures, one in which Bartiromo’s guest, current Texas GOP Representative and former White House physician Ronny Jackson, suggested that Biden has a cognitive disease that’s rendering him gradually more and more mentally unfit for office, Bartiromo herself made a couple of major claims about what’s going on in the Biden White House.
Major claims! What did Bartiromo claim?
Particularly, she insinuated both that former President Barack Obama is involved in running the Biden White House and that the Democrats are having to keep Biden on a supply of drugs to get him functional when he’s out in public.

... Bartiromo said:

“Well, I mean, congressman, there were signs that Joe Biden was declining during the 2020 campaign. I mean, let’s face it. He stayed in the basement the whole time during the campaign.

“So who knew what when? Are they hiding this and feeding him drugs to allow him to function? I know he goes home to Delaware a lot, more than any other president. So I guess my question is, what did Obama know? What did Jill Biden know? And who’s running the White House right now and are they covering up for these mental issues?
Emphasis in original, 'cuz it's really important that we get to the bottom of this!
... But it wasn’t just Biden’s brain and its decline that Bartiromo focused on. She also suggested that, based on a recent interview that Obama did with Stephen Colbert, it looks like he’s running the White House, saying:

“In fact, there’s a famous interview which we ran a couple of weeks ago, we’ll run it again in the coming weeks, it’s President Obama talking to Stephen Colbert and he’s saying, ‘What I would love the most is if I’m in my basement with my sweats on and I’m just directing whoever is there and they can carry out my orders.’

“Basically, that’s exactly what he did. That’s what he set up...."


The Obama interview Bartiromo cites isn't "recent" -- it's from November 2020. (But that's just after the Democrat Party stole the election!) Colbert asked Obama if he ever wished he could be president again. He replied:


"I’ve said this before, people would ask me, 'Knowing what you know now, do you wish, like, you had a third term?' And I used to say, 'You know what, if I could make an arrangement where I had a stand-in, a front man or a front woman, and they had an earpiece in and I was just in my basement in my sweats looking through the stuff and then I could sort of deliver the lines, but somebody else was doing all the talking and the ceremony, I'd be fine with that.' Because I found the work fascinating. I mean, I write about the — even on my worst days, I found puzzling out, you know, these big, complicated, difficult issues, especially if you were working with some great people, to be professionally really satisfying. But I do not miss having to wear a tie every day."
That's it. That's the basis for the belief that a secret cabal of Democrats is feeding President Biden dementia-concealing drugs -- what are those, by the way? I could probably use some -- and that Barack Obama has actually found a way to seize a third term by using Biden as a ventriloquist's dummy he's found a way to control across several state lines (because we all know they have extremely similar speaking styles and no one would ever be able to tell he difference between the two!).

Do they just think the rubes are stupid enough to believe this? Or do they really believe it? Bartiromo doesn't seem as stupid as the things she says on Fox, but in the case of Ronny Jackson, I seriously can't tell. In any case, your right-wing uncle probably thinks this is the literal truth.

No comments: