Wednesday, September 16, 2015

CARLY, I THINK YOU'RE GOING ABOUT THIS ALL WRONG

No, I'm not watching the GOP undercard debate, and I'll probably miss a fair amount of the main debate. But I've been informed by CNBC's John Harwood that Carly Fiorina is going to go after Donald Trump:
In a predebate Speakeasy interview, Fiorina warned with a chuckle: "Mr. Trump's going to be hearing quite a lot from me."
Okay, so what is Fiorina leading with?
Over chicken tenders and french fries in a Concord diner, Fiorina starts by going after Trump's business record -- including his acknowledgment in a court case that he sometimes exaggerated the value of his real estate assets because "Who wouldn't?"

"Donald Trump and I are in totally different businesses," she said. "He's in the entertainment business. And he's also in a privately held business.

"In the business I was in, we had to report our results publicly, as you well know, in excruciating detail, quarter after quarter after quarter," she added. "And if I misrepresented those results or those projections I could be held criminally liable. If I had done it, I could have gone to jail. Those are his standards. I think my standards are what the American people would appreciate politicians or people running for office being held to."
That's her plan? She's going to go after Trump because he takes advantage of the fact that his businesses are subject to laxer reporting requirements than those Fiorina dealt with at Hewlett-Packard?

In other words, she's going to go after Trump because she thinks he's held to insufficiently strict government regulations?

Oh yeah, that'll really get right-wingers to abandon Trump for Fiorina. Great plan, Carly.

4 comments:

Four Bs said...

And all Trump has to do is say, "Yeah, Carly, and all those public records show that you stink." Cheers from the audience, cross talk, moderator changes subject.

Lawrence said...

The newly promoted yellow belt from a strip mall dojo says, "Okay, you grab me with your right hand. No over here. Higher. Okay now I..."

Never Ben Better said...

So Carly wants to bring up her time running HP? Trump: "Yeh, you ran HP, all right -- right into the ground. And got fired. Loser."

Daro said...

As an IT person I obviously hate Carly but I think her handlers have crafted a decent talking point for her here. I'm not sure it will cause her ratings to rocket up over 5% but it wasn't a loser. I suspect she's running for Ambassadorship to France or something. Maybe even Veep.