Monday, January 26, 2004

Just noticed this:

David Horowitz will appear as a regular on the new Dennis Miller Show starting Monday night on CNBC at 9PM EST (6PM PST)

Wow, that ought to be -- how can I put this? -- unusual.

What is Horowitz going to do on TV? Give us exactly the same humorless rants week after week, over and over and over, the way he does in his books and articles? ("All college professors in America are left-wing totalitarian fascists! And all of America's cultural institutions are dominated by fascist leftists! I used to be a fascist leftist, so I should know! All college professors are...") That should work really well -- after all, America's TV viewers have always had a soft spot for whiny, humorless, paranoid, repetitive jeremiad-spewers:

Forgive me this rant. I don't know what it is -- the increasingly hysterical, increasingly lunatic Bush-hating left all over the media and the press, my particular edition of the leftwing Sunday Times promoting yet another brain dead reactionary Marxist movement -- this time against copyright law -- before I could get to my crossword puzzle, the nasty Frank Rich repeating the "mistakes" he made thirty years ago in agitating to get America to leave the Vietnam war and expose two and half million Indochinese to the tender mercies of their Communist executioners, or the two minutes of the increasingly Marxoid Democrats I indulged myself in on C-Span before flipping it off? ...

Our universities, our principal media and the Democratic Party are ...


Oh yeah -- people are definitely going to click away from Everybody Loves Raymond to watch that.

No comments: