Monday, May 26, 2014

JOE THE PLUMBER TO ELLIOT RODGER SHOOTING VICTIM: "YOUR DEAD KIDS DON'T TRUMP MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS"

At a time when high-minded citizens of the right blogosphere are self-righteously attacking liberals for trying to put the Elliot Rodger killings in a political context, let me just point out that Joe the Plumber has heard the calls for gun control by one shooting victim's father and has responded on his on blog with this message:
I'm not talking here about the three tragic murders Rodger committed by stabbing before his driving and shooting spree; I speak now only to the families of the gunshot victims in Santa Barbara:

It's a tragedy.

I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now. But:

As harsh as this sounds – your dead kids don't trump my Constitutional rights.





I posted a screen shot not because I think Wurzelbacher is going to take the post down -- he won't -- but because I wanted to be sure you saw the "Enter to win the Family Gun Package Giveaway!" ad embedded in the post, just above Wurzelbacher's exhortation to the grieving father, Richard Martinez: "your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights." Here's a screenshot from the post describing Joe's Family Gun Package Giveaway (enter by May 31!):





Yeah, that seems like a tasteful thing to be advertising right now.

In his post about the Rodger killings, Wurzelbacher goes on to write:
As a father, husband and a man, it is my responsibility to protect my family. I will stand up for that right vehemently. Please believe me, as a father I share your grief and I will pray for you and your family, as I do whenever I hear about senseless tragedies such as this.

We still have the Right to Bear Arms and I intend to continue to speak out for that right, and against those who would restrict it – even in the face of this horrible incident by this sad and insane individual. I almost said "Obama Voter" but I’m waiting for it to be official.

I noticed the mainstream media have stopped the practice of immediately reporting the psycho maniac is a conservative Tea Party Republican Christian. Guess they're sick of having to hide being wrong every time when it comes out the whacko votes Democrat?

Mr. Martinez and anyone calling for more restrictions on American's rights need to back off and stop playing into the hands of the folks who merely capitalize on these horrific events for their own political ends.
Right, because no one on the pro-gun said would ever turn this into a political issue. Right, Joe?

4 comments:

Victor said...

"I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now..."

And Darwin wept...

Glennis said...

There are some people who have absolutely no sense of decency.

trnc said...

Technically, Sam W is correct - dead kids don't trump constitutional rights. The problem with his argument is that neither a background check nor other regulations conflict with any of those rights.

Grung_e_Gene said...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Guns everywhere does not establish Justice nor insure domestic tranquility, nor promote the general welfare.