Tuesday, September 25, 2018

ON FOX LAST NIGHT, DID KAVANAUGH RESPOND TO OFF-CAMERA PROMPTING?

Watch this clip from last night's Brett Kavanaugh interview on Fox.



MACCALLUM: Did you guys ever look at each other and say “I’m out, this is enough. This just isn’t worth it”?

KAVANAUGH: I’m not going to let false accusations drive us out of this process. And we’re looking for a fair process where I can be heard and defend the -- my integrity, my life long record – my life long record of promoting dignity and equality, starting with the woman who knew me when I was 14 years old. I’m not going anywhere.
What happens at about the 0:15 mark? Up to that point, Kavanaugh is inclining his head slightly to the right as he makes eye contact with Martha MacCallum, his interviewer. He glances at his wife once. But then at 0:15 he looks purposefully off to his left, and his answer changes -- as if someone has sent him a signal that he should mention "my integrity, my lifelong record ... of promoting dignity and equality."

Do you doubt that Fox would let Kavanaugh have coaching in the room where the interview took place? This wasn't journalism -- the news organization, the interviewer, and the interviewee are all on the same side. So I think it happened.

Carlos Ramos might have declared this an infraction, but it's just another day at the office for Fox.

No comments: