Sunday, November 12, 2017


On Fox News this weekend, Jeanine Pirro implied that we should dismiss allegations of child molestation against Roy Moore because the events in question weren't recent:
To vindicate of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore ... Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro invoked the it-was-a-long-time-ago defense.

While Pirro did not outright accuse the Washington Post report of being false, she did defend Moore in a number of roundabout ways. “Right now, it’s 40 years later. I doubt there could be a charge filed here. The guy has been investigated a million times, Roy Moore, apparently more than any other candidate in Alabama. Is the Republican Party destroying itself or didn’t they do enough vetting of this guy Moore?” Said Pirro.
Later in the segment, she said,
With Louis C.K., he admitted stuff. You know, Kevin Spacey, apparently there are a lot, and a lot of it is recent. And with Harvey Weinstein, the NYPD wired up one of the women, and she's got him on tape, where he's admitting he did what you said he did. This is 40 years ago!

"This is 40 years ago!" Let's see: How hard will it be to show that Pirro is a hypocrite?

Let's quickly search "pirro 'statute of limitations'" ... gosh, look what pops right up.
Former DA Jeanine Pirro 'disappointed' in legislators for protecting pedophiles: 'Shame on them'

A high-profile former prosecutor is railing against state lawmakers for protecting pedophiles with their inaction on the statute of limitations law.

Former Westchester County District Attorney Jeanine Pirro faced the harsh reality of the free-pass statute when she went after pedophile priests in 2002.

The grand jury she empaneled then made no criminal charges — but it urged the state Legislature to eliminate the paralyzing statute of limitations on child sex abuse cases.

Fourteen years later, Pirro said, lawmakers are still lollygagging.
What else? Oh, yes -- here are a couple of passages from Pirro's 2003 book To Punish and Protect: A DA's Fight Against a System That Coddles Criminals:

Pirro cast doubt on the Moore allegations while interviewing David Bossie, who didn't seem inclined to dismiss certain old allegations of sexual misconduct last year:
Before the [presidential] debate on Sunday night, [Donald] Trump held a press conference with three women who have accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault — Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones, and Kathleen Willey — all of whom later attended the debate. Trump advisers say Broaddrick, Willey and Jones will appear together on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program on Thursday night. Bill Clinton has long denied allegations made by the three women.

The Trump campaign’s attack plan is being run by Bannon, deputy campaign manager David Bossie and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, multiple campaign officials confirmed to Bloomberg.
(Emphasis added.)

So, yeah, sometimes these people make it too easy.

No comments: