Tuesday, May 01, 2012


HE KNOWS A HORROR WHEN HE SEES ONE:
NOVELIST STEPHEN KINGS SLAMS MITT ROMNEY, CHRIS CHRISTIE, AND OTHER GREEDY FAT CAT REPUBLICAN CREEPS.

In a knock-‘em-down-and-stomp-‘em essay in the Daily Beast, horror novelist Stephen King minces no words, not even four letter ones. For example, there’s this:

I’ve known rich people, and why not, since I’m one of them? The majority would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar.”

But why should I quote snippets of King out of context when you can read the whole enraged, hard-hitting, spare-no-epithets piece in one delicious gulp.


3 comments:

Engineer of Knowledge said...

OH this was SOOOO Great!!!

Thanks for posting this for us all to enjoy.

Victor said...

Yes, thanks, NYC.

I especially loved the last few lines.

I can't help but point out to the wealthy, that while ghosts may or may not be real, guillotines are.

So, rich people, you're more likely to end up with your own head in a wicker basket, than see some ghostly figure walking around your castle or mansion with theirs

Just a thought...

Erik A. Prince said...

This was an excellent post from King. One of my favorite parts was the bit about wealthy people owing a little credit to America and all the advantages it gave them.

I get tired of the undertone of "I did it all by myself". Yeah, I'm sure if you grew up in Somalia, you'd have still become an uber wealthy investment banker, eh?