Saturday, September 05, 2009

Must Keep Site Moving....

Rosemary/Honey Cornbread

1/2 cup coarse ground cornmeal, as for polenta
1 1/2 cup King Arthur unbleached White Flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 Tsp salt
2 Tsp chopped fresh rosemary plus two sprigs for decoration
grated rind of one or two lemons

1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup melted butter, or 1/2 cup oil. I'm slowly cutting it back to 1/3 but I'll have to let you know how that works out.
1 large egg

Mix dry ingredients
Mix wet ingredients
Briskly mix the two together. Do not overmix.

Pour into a greased iron skillet or pyrex pie pan (eight or ten inches). Decorate with two sprigs of rosemary.

bake at 400 degrees for twenty or so minutes. I'm not going to hold your hands on this one.

This is truly fabulous, if I do say so myself (which I do, since I invented it by tweaking some other recipes).

aimai who is making blueberry and plum jams today instead of blogging.

No comments: