Thursday, August 06, 2009

OH, MICHELLE, YOU MAKE IT TOO EASY

Lanny Davis wrote this at Politico:

The "shout downs" organized by the Republican right meet one of the classic definition of "fascist" tactics--defined as using shouting and disruption to deprive the civil and respectful debate of ideas. There is literally no defense to these tactics....

Let's have the media name names, publish photographs, and do interviews of those responsible for approving, even organizing these techniues. And let's find an investigative journalist - are there many left - to prove these so-called grassroots shouters are, or are not, being paid....


Davis, of course, is advocating that people whose prime tactic is making movies of themselves and posting them on the Internet for everyone in the world to see should be, um, photographed. He's advocating that the story of their grassrootsiness be checked out by journalists through normal journalistic processes. He's advocating that they be sought out for interviews (which they presumably can refuse to do).

This, naturally, causes Michelle Malkin to declare that she hears jackboots:

Lanny Davis wants you photographed and investigated

The consigliere to the Clinton thugocracy decries the taxpayer counterinsurgency -- and calls on left-wing hitmen to photograph and investigate Obamacare protesters to prove that they are being "paid" by the "Republican right" ...


That would be this Michelle Malkin:

David Weigel of Hit and Run says that UC-Santa Cruz Chancellor Denice Denton killed herself on June 24. Last April, Denton was a target of one of Michelle Malkin's hate campaigns. Malkin published Denton's address in this post because Denton had failed to expel students who had ignited Malkin's wrath....

And this Michelle Malkin:

Michelle Malkin, incensed by the presence of the children engaging in SCHIP advocacy [Graeme Frost, a 12-year-old who delivered a pro-S-CHIP Democratic radio address], has now gone the extra mile:

Update 2:50pm Eastern: I just returned from a visit to [Graeme] Frost's commercial property near Patterson Park in Baltimore. It's a modest place. Talked to one of the tenants, Mike Reilly, who is a talented welder. He said he had known the Frosts for 10 years. Business is good, he told me, though he characterized Frost as "struggling." ....

I also passed by the Frosts' rowhouse. There was an "01 – 20 -09″ bumper sticker plastered on the door and a newer model GMC Suburban parked directly in front of the house. I've seen guesstimates of the house's worth in the $400,000 plus range. Those are high.

And this Michelle Malkin:

Dear Muslim Terrorist Plotter/Planner/Funder/Enabler/Apologist,

You do not know me. But I am on the lookout for you. You are my enemy. And I am yours.

I am John Doe.

I am traveling on your plane. I am riding on your train. I am at your bus stop. I am on your street. I am in your subway car. I am on your lift.

I am your neighbor. I am your customer. I am your classmate. I am your boss.

I am John Doe....


Taking care to avoid shameless hypocrisy is so last millennium, isn't it, Michelle?

(John Doe via They Gave Us a Republic...)

No comments: