Wednesday, March 25, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT US!

These people really don't have a clue, do they? Do they really believe we want to read a play-by-play of Ed Henry's decision-making process before he asked his question at the Obama press conference?

Behind the scenes: Ed Henry's take on exchange with Obama

Ed Henry, CNN's senior White House correspondent, got a tough answer from President Obama when he asked Tuesday night why Obama waited days to express outrage on the AIG bonuses. "Because I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak," Obama said. Here's Henry's take on what happened.

... After frantic preparation for the prime-time newser with several colleagues, especially lead CNN White House producer Tim McCaughan, I had several provocative questions in my pocket.

...The pressure was on now because the president had called on me....

But it's fun to gamble and like any good quarterback (though I was never athletic enough to actually play the position), I decided to call an audible.

So I went hard on the AIG question....

I waited patiently and then decided to pounce with a sharp follow-up....


Sorry, I can't bear to quote it at any greater length than that.

Ed --and all the rest of you -- listen to me: you are not the heroes of this story. You had a chance to be Woodstein-style heroes when the worst president of all time sat in the Oval Office, but you botched that opportunity. So just ask your damn questions and don't treat the process of doing so like the freaking Super Bowl until you actually score some points for the country.

No comments: