Thursday, December 25, 2008

File Under Filler

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a blogger was stirring, except me. I was too polite to make fun of the rest of you but while all of you were jetting hither and yon rushing to visit family and friends, tripping over your wassail and generally making seasonal merry I had scored the greatest victory ever scored by woman. I was *too sick to host Christmas Eve Dinner* for my family. At 8:30 in the morning I bit the bullet and informed my scandalized mother that I was not going to be the cause of the death of my beloved Aged P's by bringing them into this pestilential abode and coughing on them. The entire family swung into action and at five O'clock I was able to throw Mr. Aimai and the kiddies down the icy front steps into the snow with a basket of presents, cheeses, home made fudge, home made candied nuts, home made fruit compote, and two kinds of home made harrissa, a special brandy cake and a few other fixings (its not like I had been lazing around while sick, you know.) They went off to make merry with my parents and brother's family (the *&^%$ vegetarians) and I retreated to eat lamb chops and broccoli di rabe, drink lillet and eat goat cheese, in bed, with the Sixth Season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No. Woman. Has.Ever.Had. A.Merrier.Christmas.

No comments: