Monday, September 29, 2008

WHO WANTS TO BE A HEARTBEAT AWAY?

Uh, Sarah?

If you're being mocked mercilessly as someone who, when asked a tough question by Katie Couric, says in desperation, "I'd like to use one of my lifelines.... I want to phone a friend" ...



...er, maybe you shouldn't actually confirm the accuracy of the mockery by showing up to your next interview with Couric accompanied by your lifeline, John McCain:



Just sayin'.

A vice president who needs a chaperone -- yeah, that would make me sleep more soundly at night.

Oh, and is it me, or has McCain turned into the bad cop on this ticket -- the thug, the enforcer, the Spiro Agnew? Is that what he'll do if he's elected? He'll be the guy who goes around giving the press-bashing speeches to fire up the base? Um, who exactly will be acting as president?

Although I will say that when McCain brings up the Clinton-Bush race in '92, his twitching seems positively Nixonesque.

No comments: