Tuesday, September 09, 2008

STOP INSULTING SARAH PALIN SEVERAL YEARS AGO!

Hey, why did a former top Bush administration official insult Sarah Palin in early 2006?



WAAAAHHH! PEOPLE ARE PICKING ON SARAH PALIN RETROACTIVELY! WAAAAHHH!

*****

Fer crissake, watch the clip -- he's talking about McCain.

This is where I want Obama to say, "Hell, no, I won't apologize to her because I wasn't talking about her -- I was talking about you, John McCain! Stop trying to hide behind her skirts! You're the one who's running for president!" Pause. "You are the one who's running for president, aren't you? Sometimes I look at the two of them and I can't tell."

*****

Oh, but I like this response:

JoAnn Vicars, a retired Bristol police employee, thought Obama's remark was great: "Loved it!" She and several friends scoffed at the idea that Obama was talking about Palin.

"That's the way we talk, buddy," Vicars said, in a raspy local accent.


Talking the way ordinary people talk: apparently not OK anymore. Apparently the complaint is that Obama really ought to be more elitist.

*****

Kevin at Rumproast did, however, call Sarah Palin "Lipstick on a Prig." Nice.

No comments: