Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SEEKING A CLARIFICATION

Here's what Sarah Palin said about Joe Biden in Columbus, Ohio, yesterday:

"I'm looking forward to meeting him. I've never met him," she said at a rally here. "I've been hearing about his Senate speeches since I was in, like, the second grade."

Katie Couric subsequently asked Palin,

You have a 72-year-old running mate -- is that kind of a risky thing to say, insinuating that Joe Biden's been around a while?

Good for Couric -- but what I want to know is: Is Sarah Palin actually asserting that she was aware of Joe Biden when she was in the second grade?

If you asked her that, would she react the way her running mate reacted when it was pointed out that he'd lumped Zapatero in with the world's anti-American dictators -- would she say (or would a campaign spokesperson say), Yes, that's meant literally?

And if so, would she care to tell us precisely what her impression of Joe Biden was in the second grade?

No comments: