Wednesday, October 03, 2007

THOSE WEIRD INTERNETS

For the past couple of hours, half the hits to this blog have been the result of Google image searches for a picture of Rupert Murdoch and his wife, which I linked in a post in July. According to Sitemeter, the hits are coming from all over the country.

Does anyone know why this would be happening right now? Every day, for reasons I can't fathom, a couple of people want to get to this photo, but right now it's out of control. I don't get it. Is it the world most absurd computer virus?

****

UPDATE: OK, you don't care, but I do, ands I think the mystery's solved. At one point I got so mystified by the regular requests for this picture that I back-dated this post, in which I asked for an explanation of the search frequency. Commenters responded that they weren't looking for Rupe and Wendi -- they were looking for Fred and Jeri Thompson, whose picture I'd also linked in the earlier post. And a Google image search for "jeri thompson" does turn up my Rupe/Wendi picture on the first page of results. I guess a lot of people right now are searching for pictures of Mrs. T.

No comments: