Thursday, November 02, 2006

Gosh, didn't that Ann Coulter person say that only nasty, evil Democrats use victims as political spokespeople, not not Republicans like Rick Santorum?

MICHAEL SARROW, IRAQ WAR VETERAN: I served in Iraq, and I've had thirteen operations on my leg to prove it. The war on terror isn't easy, but it's worth the sacrifice. When I came home I found out that Bob Casey's been investing billions of our state's money in companies that support terrorists -- just like the ones that attacked me and my buddies. Casey's making a tough war even harder. On Election Day, remember that.

Yup, Sarrow's saying, in effect, that Casey funds the terrorists who wrecked his leg. But as it turns out, the actual meaning of "companies that support terrorists" is "companies that do business in nations such as Syria and Sudan." The report that's the source of this claim, from a neocon think tank, far from singling Casey's investments out, says they're pretty much standard operating procedure at public pension funds.

Oh, and by the way, why is it evil to invest pension-fund money in companies that do business in Syria but not evil to back a president who sends innocent people to Syria to be tortured?

No comments: