Thursday, April 01, 2004

Someone at Free Republic posted a story headlined "Hillary to Challenge Kerry's Nomination at Convention ('He can't win')," with the byline "April O'Phuel." April O'Phuel -- get it? Get it?? Well, if you did, you're too smart to be a right-winger. Some actual discussion responses:

Aw crap... I fell for it!

*****

So did we all......moths to the flame....:-)

*****

April Fool? Maybe, but if the Dems are bringing their witch it must be Halloween over on the frenzied left.

*****

I hate April 1st.

You can't believe anything you read.

*****

Blast it man, got me too. Either I'm getting old or the author really did a good job fooling me, probably both!!

*****

I refuse to say I told you so--repeatedly.

*****

I knew something was up when Clinton couldn't look Kerry in the eye at the Democrates United dinner. I just knew it.

*****

You stink!

I was about to page [my husband] at work, and boy would I be in trouble.

*****

Nobody should be lulled into thinking that this is NOT a real trial balloon with the added bonus of having "April Fools" deniability.

*****

You got all of us!!! :^D



To give the Freepers their due, part of the fake story ("...One senior official as the Democratic National Committee stated 'I just do not believe that John Kerry can beat George W Bush. He is not gaining any traction and is even losing support as he is letting himself be defined by Bush....'") could easily have come from any number of stories penned by Adam Nagourney of The New York Times....


No comments: