Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Well, this happened at a convenient time for the U.S.:

An American warplane mistakenly bombed a house, killing 11 civilians near Afghanistan's eastern border with Pakistan, the U.S. military said Wednesday....

--AP

Oh, and there's this:

Forces loyal to ethnic Uzbek warlord Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum and those of his Tajik rival, Gen. Atta Mohammed, battled with automatic weapons for four hours Tuesday in Maimana, the capital of Faryab province, said Sayed Noor Ullah, one of Dostum's senior officials.

Weren't both these guys on our side in the war? These things are never as neat as we're told they are, are they?



*********

Hey, that's what I do in this blog -- I say, "Excuse me, on the other hand...." I've posted a lot of negative things about the Iraq war, and now it looks as if that war is really winding down and people are singing Bush's praises as they drag ministry-building furniture through the streets. Hey, I hope this worked. I hope their lives improve. And I hope the damn supplies get into the hospitals soon. I'd be happy if no one felt the need to fire another shot.

No comments: