Monday, April 07, 2003

More lead-footed right-wing wit....

THE WILLING COUNTRY

(With apologies to The Little Red Hen)

One day as the Willing Country was going about its business, she found a very mean man with lots of soldiers who so enjoyed killing his own people that now he wanted to kill the Willing Country's people, and the people of many other countries too.

"This evil man should be defeated," she said. "Who will defeat this evil man?"

"Not I," said France.

"Not I," said Germany.

"Not I," said the UN and Russia.

"Then I will," said the Willing Country. And her people and her friends went into harm's way to do it....


Gosh, I bet you can't imagine how it ends, can you?

If the suspense is killing you, the whole thing is here. (Favorite line: "Finally the dying was done, the evil man was no more, his countrymen could live in peace and a great danger to the world was past." Then again, this is a fairy tale, isn't it?)

No comments: