Civilians mostly unscathed from Shock and Awe, according to The Guardian? That would be good. Many government ministers also unscathed? Maybe not so good.
But Saddam is claiming civilian casualties, as the Voice of America reports.
And there's this from the Bush administration:
President Bush met with his war council Saturday and told Americans the only way to limit the length and scope of combat in Iraq was to use decisive force.
After U.S. and British aircraft unleashed the devastating firepower of missiles and bombs the Pentagon calls "shock and awe," Bush warned the Iraqi government, "This will not be a campaign of half measures."
Three days into war, Bush also cautioned against overconfidence given the apparent success of the mission and lack of serious resistance so far.
"A campaign on harsh terrain in a vast country could be longer and more difficult than some have predicted," Bush said in his weekly radio address broadcast from Camp David where he is spending the first weekend of the war.
.."Now that conflict has come, the only way to limit its duration is to apply decisive force," he said.
Translation: We are going to kill people. There is going to be collateral damage. This is going to get ugly.